Join us for our Site Selection Workshop, Griff Morris will share his knowledge and experience with you.
- Are you buying land or building?
- Not sure where to start?
- Not sure what to look for?
At this workshop we will go through the basics of Site Selection to help you make informed choices about buying land and building energy efficient Smarter Sustainable Homes. We will discuss;
- Orientation, what site works best for passive solar design.
- Looking at the soil, how different soils can affect the cost of your site works.
- Looking at the neighbouring properties, how they can affect your homes performance now and in the future.
We will also discuss the the new homes grants that the state and national governments have released and what you need to qualify.
- Book early as space is limited at the venue as we adhere to COVID-19 social isolation policies.
- Which ticket should I book? If you are coming on your own please book a ticket for one, if you are planning on coming with your partner please book a Ticket for two. This is so we do not exceed the COVID-19 regulations. If you book the wrong one ticket type please let us know and we can change it for you.
- This is a free event, donations to The Hunger Project are appreciated. Click donation when you book your tickets.
At the event
- Doors open at 5:30pm for a 6pm start.
- Water, tea and coffee will be supplied. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 we will not be able to supply food (without use of packaging) if you would like to bring snacks (for your own use only) along please feel free to do so.
- Please bring what you need to take notes. Tables and chairs are provided.
- Bring along information on land you are considering or currently own and if we have time we may look at them as a group to discuss pro’s and con’s
- We will send you an email closer to the date with more information.