Sustainable House Day – OPEN HOUSE by Solar Dwellings will be the only way you can visit sustainable homes in person.
This year we will work with homeowners opening their homes via the Humanitix ticketing website.
Houses open to visit in person this year, we will add more homes as they are confirmed.
- Energy Efficient Home Duncraig book tickets at humanitix.com/shd23-energy-efficient
- Passive Solar Karrinyup Home book tickets at humanitix.com/shd23-passive-solar-karrinyup-home-tours
- Our SDG house for people and planet book tickets at humanitix.com/shd23-sdg_house
- Starting Over book tickets at humanitix.com/shd23-starting_over
- Manning Park Mini book tickets at humanitix.com/shd23-manning-park-mini
Each tour will start with a brief description of the home by the owners, they will talk about various features, what they like about their home and if there is anything they would change. You will then be given the opportunity to walk around the house at your own pace and ask questions. The tours will generally take between 40-50 minutes.
- Book each home individually at your preferred time, each tour has a limited number, to avoid disappointment book early.
- Ensure that you leave enough time in between homes (if you are visiting more than one) to get to the next house as the door may be locked and you may not be able to enter once the tour has started.
- Tickets are sold through Humanitix.
- 100% of the ticket sale goes direct to each homeowner’s chosen charity, 100% of profits from the booking fee go towards children’s charities via Humanitix. If you would like to donate more to the charity when purchasing tickets add the amount after you have chosen the tour time.
- Instant confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive your confirmation within minutes please check your email junk folder. If you still can’t find it let us know via email@example.com and we will send one to you. (Our office hours are 9am-5pm Monday to Friday)
On the day
- Check-in – arrive before your tour time, this will keep the tours moving smoothly and allow everyone plenty of time to look around and ask questions.
- Conditions on Entry
- Please act in a respectful manner towards the homeowner, all volunteers and other SHD attendees
- Please do NOT touch any property including furniture, objects, electrical items on the property, or personal items of others
- Please ensure children are monitored at all times on site
- Please remain in the allocated tour area of the home. You are NOT permitted to enter any areas that have been signed as private or open closed doors.
- Please do NOT consume alcohol or food in any of the homes.
- Smoking is NOT permitted
- Please turn off/silence your mobile and refrain from answering or speaking on your phone during tours
- Please make every conceivable effort to ensure your own personal safety whilst onsite.
- Please ask permission before taking any photographs
- You agree to any inspections of bags at the request of homeowners or volunteers.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND/OR FILMING – please be aware by being a part of Sustainable House Day you understand that you may be photographed and/or filmed and you hereby give Solar Dwellings and Renew the unqualified right to take pictures and/or recordings of you and grant the perpetual right to use your likeness, image, photo (collectively, “image”), without compensation, for use in any medium and to put the finished pictures/recordings to any legitimate use without limitation or reservation. If you do not wish to be photographed or filmed please let us know at check-in.
Supported by Renew Perth Branch for Sustainable House Day 2023
Please contact our office if you have any questions on 9444 4400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org